In recent weeks, work on a major boardwalk was completed at the mountain which is siutated on the Fermanagh/Cavan border.
The funding was secured by Fermanagh District Council and the work was carried out by Alexander Civil Engineering.
The company’s website states:
“This project was undertaken in the Cuilcagh Mountain Park. The area is designated under the Ramsar Convention as a wetland of international importance and is also designated under European environmental legislation as a Special Area of Conservation (SAC), an Area of Special Scientific Interest (ASSI) and a Natura 2000 site.”
* 1.6km of raised wooden boardwalk
* 2 timber bridges
* 120 stepped sections leading to main mountain staircase
* Mountain staircase with 450 steps over 36 flights
* Work in blanket bog terrain
* Strict environmental controls
Click through our gallery of photos courtesy of Alexander Civil Engineering below: